Thursday, August 9, 2012

Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia


Why did I make this? Well, my husband and I went out with our longtime friends to Macaroni Grill and they had this dish on the menu. But, instead of tilapia, they used sole. The next day, I remembered I had a good amount of frozen tilapia (which is white fish like sole), so thus, I went and searched out a recipe ------> Rachael Ray's inspiring recipe. Tried it; and woweewow! Delish... I definitely need to add this to my recipe book. Here is the copy/paste version of the recipe: 

Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia

 Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia

[4 servings Prep: 10 mins Cook: 10 mins]


Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
  • 4 tilapia fillets (about 1 pound total)
  • 1 lemon, cut into wedges

Directions

  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a shallow dish, combine the cheese with the paprika and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the fish with olive oil and dredge in the cheese mixture. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake until the fish is opaque in the thickest part, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve the fish with the lemon wedges.

By-the-way, this was my first time using paprika in a dish and now I'm hooked. I've been brainstorming on all the things I can do with it. Happy cooking!
-Sarah

0 comments: